Skip to main content

Dining Review :: 4017 Bar & Grill, 1 Bowser Parade, Sandgate

Last night DH, myself & the little guy embarked on an outing that we don't do often enough - dinner, out, just the three of us!

We visit many local eating places with DH's sizable family (9 incl partners plus close family friends - normally ends up anywhere between 12 - 15ppl!) however it always turns into a reasonable difficult event with the little guy in a loud place, lots of people and so on and so forth.

Recently I mentioned to hubby we don't go out just the three of us - SO  we did! We bought an online deal voucher for $29 that entitled us to a bread for entree, 2 main meals & a bottle of house wine at 4017 Bar & Grill @ Sandgate.

This is a 'pub' like I've not seen in a very long time, but in a good way. It comprises of a small public bar and a dining room.... and that's it.

There is no pokies, no TAB, no thumping loud music, no gawdy carpet and no awful lighting - dim here and there, starlight bright everywhere else.

I was impressed.

The service was prompt, friendly and very genuine much like you'd receive in a small town pub. The food was well priced and quite tasty. Not an extensive menu but for the peace & quiet I was very content.

We enjoyed a relaxed meal, hubby had a Wagyu beef burger ($14.50) and I had pasta carbonara ($17.50), the pasta was yummy, freshly made and a very generous serving. We ordered a kids meal ($8.50) of bangers & mash which was a huge thick sausage, mash and a selection of other vegies - a nice difference from many other places that skimp on the kids meal and you literally get bangers and a pile of mush.

For the first time in a long time I actually enjoyed that I wasn't cooking dinner and didn't have to clean up, AND we stopped at Macs on the way home for ice cream!!

Highly recommend a visit to 4017 Bar & Grill even with the family, for lunch or dinner if you're a local - probably not so exciting to travel from the other side of town JUST to eat there, but if you're around the Sandgate area, give it a whirl...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I Never Knew, the Pool install version

 These are the things I never knew, nor considered, when it came to building a pool.  - Earthing. Do you know what that is? I have a rough idea. Enough to know that I should have realised it would be required when you're putting a huge container of water in your backyard and surrounding it with a metal fence.  - Waterline tiles. They have a purpose. They keep the pool easier to clean, because dirty water leaves a scum line. Like in the bath. You know the bath ring? Guess who doesn't like waterline tiles and opted not to install them. The same person who will be scrubbing the side of the pool every second day so there's no dirty bath ring....which leads me to... - Outdoor pool shower. I want one, they look so neat outside. Never realised there was a purpose. But I feel those that opt for no waterline tiles should invest their funds into an outdoor shower.  - Grass cuttings. Mowers have catchers right. They're meant to catch the cut grass. Apparently, when you have a p...

And So it Begins…

Today is the day Mumma Daze begins. Well not truly, as the daze of motherhood for me began on the 8 th January 2010. But this is where I will begin to share with other Mums or anyone who is interested in reading, my ups, downs, sideways and diagonal traipses through what is the daze of being a Mumma. In this blog you will see.. · random thoughts that may or may not relate to children · the rants and vents of a mother at the end of her tether · reviews of ‘products’ that I love or hate…and if I hate them you’ll know it · my hints and tips on saving money in your grocery (and other) shopping…because as you’ll come to learn.. I love a bargain · recipes that I’ve tried, tested, probably failed, then tried again and again · you will also hopefully, quite plainly, see the adoring love I have of being a working housewife and a mother to one precious little boy so, enjoy, relax, provide feedback, stay a quiet follower, join in… I’ll be here J

Oh My Gosh... We're Building a Pool.

Well, we're not. The pool builders are. We're paying them to build it. Same same right? I've seen a lot of tradies at work, and these guys are among the hardest working I've seen. Dirt & concrete wait for no man.  It's also far more exact than I could have ever anticipated. Our pool is precisely measured, squared and hand sculpted, not even kidding. Those guys were out there with fixed tape measures, ensuring everything was perfect. We're honestly truly grateful for the care they've taken in their work. It really instills a sense of trust when you see that from a worker - regardless of industry.  We are at day 23 of the build. I wish I'd kept a daily Dear Diary. Because like anything we do, this has not been without drama, hiccups and challenges.... like every single day.  Let me take you back... to May, yes May! We signed the contract in the first week of May. We knew our pool guy was busy (any wonder given how wonderful a job he's done), and he...