Skip to main content

Did That Just Happen?

Never in my life has time moved so fast as it did last weekend.

From Thursday family began to arrive and by Friday afternoon we were all here! That's 13 of us in total!!!

Time went by so fast, after two park trips, lots of naps, nappy changes, and a mountain of food it was Monday before I knew and half of my beautiful family had already left and the others were due to leave that day :(

The two little people got along brilliantly, and by geez when they're just a little bit older I think they'll get up to mischief whenever they're together.

Meal plan? what Meal plan? Any plans I had made at the beginning of the fortnight were quickly shoved out the window. Before everyone got here I was too busy planning their arrival to follow a plan...and after they left I was too buggered! So we've just pulled something together from what we have and now lo & behold it's bloody shopping day again!!!

I have my work cut out for me with no meal plan for the coming two weeks as yet and a pantry & fridge that need a good sorting out! But I will persevere and succeed!! Stay tuned for what I come up with!!

p.s. I can't decide who I want to win Masterchef...but boy I was really pleased when Kate beat Alana!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And So it Begins…

Today is the day Mumma Daze begins. Well not truly, as the daze of motherhood for me began on the 8 th January 2010. But this is where I will begin to share with other Mums or anyone who is interested in reading, my ups, downs, sideways and diagonal traipses through what is the daze of being a Mumma. In this blog you will see.. · random thoughts that may or may not relate to children · the rants and vents of a mother at the end of her tether · reviews of ‘products’ that I love or hate…and if I hate them you’ll know it · my hints and tips on saving money in your grocery (and other) shopping…because as you’ll come to learn.. I love a bargain · recipes that I’ve tried, tested, probably failed, then tried again and again · you will also hopefully, quite plainly, see the adoring love I have of being a working housewife and a mother to one precious little boy so, enjoy, relax, provide feedback, stay a quiet follower, join in… I’ll be here J

Things I Never Knew, the Pool install version

 These are the things I never knew, nor considered, when it came to building a pool.  - Earthing. Do you know what that is? I have a rough idea. Enough to know that I should have realised it would be required when you're putting a huge container of water in your backyard and surrounding it with a metal fence.  - Waterline tiles. They have a purpose. They keep the pool easier to clean, because dirty water leaves a scum line. Like in the bath. You know the bath ring? Guess who doesn't like waterline tiles and opted not to install them. The same person who will be scrubbing the side of the pool every second day so there's no dirty bath ring....which leads me to... - Outdoor pool shower. I want one, they look so neat outside. Never realised there was a purpose. But I feel those that opt for no waterline tiles should invest their funds into an outdoor shower.  - Grass cuttings. Mowers have catchers right. They're meant to catch the cut grass. Apparently, when you have a p...

Oh My Gosh... We're Building a Pool.

Well, we're not. The pool builders are. We're paying them to build it. Same same right? I've seen a lot of tradies at work, and these guys are among the hardest working I've seen. Dirt & concrete wait for no man.  It's also far more exact than I could have ever anticipated. Our pool is precisely measured, squared and hand sculpted, not even kidding. Those guys were out there with fixed tape measures, ensuring everything was perfect. We're honestly truly grateful for the care they've taken in their work. It really instills a sense of trust when you see that from a worker - regardless of industry.  We are at day 23 of the build. I wish I'd kept a daily Dear Diary. Because like anything we do, this has not been without drama, hiccups and challenges.... like every single day.  Let me take you back... to May, yes May! We signed the contract in the first week of May. We knew our pool guy was busy (any wonder given how wonderful a job he's done), and he...